FanPost

Shanny out!!

Brendan Shanahan left the NJ Devils despite his $1mil 1 year contract.  According to NHL.com the development of Bergfors and Halischuck and the signings of Niedermeyer and Pikkarainen bumped him to 4th line duty at best, a role he did not feel comfortable with.  He has chosen to take a few weeks to reevaluate his options before making a decision about the status of his career.  Hopefully this is not the end, Shanny is one of the best to ever play the game.