- Sean Avery (knee) will make the trip but not play against the Penguins, head coach John Tortorella said, and defenseman Alexei Semenov may not do either.
- The Rangers will watch the Penguins' pre-game banner raising and Cup ceremony from the visiting bench.
- Michael Del Zotto has been assigned No. 4, the number he wore in juniors in tribute to Bobby Orr. (Note from Jim: Also following in the steps of a few other Rangers defensemen who wore this number and were pretty damn good: Arnie Brown, Bill Gadsby Ron Greschner, and Kevin Lowe)
- Plenty of work on the power play during this morning's skate: Michael Del Zotto-Ales Kotalik, Marian Gaborik-Vinny Prospal-Ryan Callahan comprised the first unit.
- Henrik Lundqvist had a good day yesterday, first being part of the 10-man Ranger crew that taped the David Letterman Top 10, then attending Bruce Springsteen's show at Giants Stadium.
- Also tomorrow, Tortorella will announce his alternate captains. Tortorella first will tell the team at their morning meeting - the coach does not believe in soliciting player opinion or votes on the matter and the decision has been rendered in conjuction with GM Glen Sather, and assistants Mike Sullivan and Jim Schoenfeld - before telling the media, most likely after tomorrow's morning skate.
I think most of us will agree it will probably be Ryan Callahan and Marian Gaborik getting the "A's" although they could have home and road alternates, teams have done that in the past. Perhaps Marc Staal and Callahan at home, Gaborik and Vinny Prospal on the road?
Don't forget, the season preview continues tonight on Ranger Crisis Radio at 9 PM. Mouth has a few guests lined up, including Leslie Treff from Hockey's Future. She will be providing her expert opinion on Ranger prospects. Make sure you listen in, see you then.