FanPost

Defense

I ( apparently like evreyone else) would have LOVED Komisarek because tough responsible stay at home defenseman aren't exactly a huge commodity, and I believe playing with his friend Higgins would've had a good influence on team chemistry  ( I honestly don't think Glen ever thinks in these intangible terms ), but I'm willing to give these young guys a shot. Too long we've bought mercs and what has it got us. In 1994 Messier came and galvanized a young, homegrown corps and only towards the playoffs were high priced roll players added. That team and the '97 Marlins are the only ones in recent memory that were able to 'buy' a championship. And maybe some remember what happened to the Marlins the next year. Anyway, lets give 'em a shot. With some of these other bums back there ( calling Mr. Redden ) what do we really have to lose? Who knows, maybe Toronto falls out early and looks to dump some salary and our boy Kommy becomes available again.