Rangers News and Notes: GameDay Edition

Here is your news and notes for the day, sorry that it's a little light.

Steve Zipay is reporting that the Kings will start backup goalie Erik Ersberg tonight:

Reports from L.A. media say backup G Erik Ersberg is expected to start against Rangers 2nite.  It would be his season debut. He was 8-11-5 , 2.64 GAA last year....

I don't think this changes the game plan at all.

Steve Zipay is also saying that Henrik Lundqvist will be getting the start tonight seeing as how his most recent blog post title says "Lundqvist in." He also says that Donal Brashear might take a seat to Aaron Voros:

Rangers lineup looks the same as Monday's against the Leafs, with possible switch of  Aaron Voros for Donald Brashear on fourth line. Brashear skated briefly, but is sore, according to coach John Tortorella. IMO, why not give Brash a breather?

Again curious to see Voros getting some time, but apparently John Tortorella likes what he sees from them.

Click after the jump for more news and notes.

Our good friend Andrew Gross has given us some line combinations for tonight:

Vinny Prospal-Brandon Dubinsky-Marian Gaborik
Christopher Higgins-Chris Drury-Ryan Callahan
Sean Avery-Artem Anisimov-Enver Lisin
Donald Brashear/Aaron Voros-Brian Boyle-Ales Kotalik
Wade Redden-Matt Gilroy
Michael Del Zotto-Michal Rozsival
Marc Staal-Dan Girardi

No surprises here, if it ain't broke don't fix it. I still like Sean Avery on the third line although it is a little interesting to see Ales Kotalik on the fourth line. I guess he will see a lot of power play time, but John Tortorella is still looking for a spot for him to stick.

Also check out this story here about Wade Redden in the New York Post. It's good stuff.

The
Kings will be a tough team to beat tonight. Should be a good one. Remember to come to the live thread at 7 and remember no sites where you can access the game! Thanks guys and see you soon.