Rangers Recap: Rangers 4 Kings 2

Well you can chalk this one up to "THE King." Henrik Lundqvist bailed out the Rangers tonight and you can bet that they know it. Don't be fooled, the Rangers got out-played tonight, but were able to pull through for the win. This was a big one, the Kings are a good hockey team.

Vinnie Prospal scored the first tqo quickly followed by a goal from Brian Boyle (finally) and another goal by Marian Gaborik. Prospal also added an assist, you think Tampa Bay is mad they bought him out or what. Gaborik's shot was incredible and his play is just fantastic. He is truly clutch, all of his six goals have come in the third period.

Big props to Michael Del Zotto for putting up two assists, giving him 2 goals and 5 assists in 7 games. He shoots the puck from the point, something we have sorely missed for too long. The power play looked great too, converting 2 for 4 opportunities. The penalty kill looked good too killing off 7 of 8 penalties. This is something that might need to be fixed though, too many penalties will catch up to us eventually.

Snap shot numbers: The win was Lundqvist 5th of the season. The Rangers have won 6 in a row. Boyle scored the first goal of his Ranger career against his former team, good for him.

Sorry this is so quick and short, Jim will put up the Rangers official release when we get it. Here are some links:

Kings vs Rangers coverage
Kings vs Rangers boxscore