Rangers News: Mathieu Dandenault signed to a tryout deal with the Hartford Wolfpack

This from Steve Zipay who reported it over at Blue Notes before. Here are the highlights:

Word is that the 33-year-old swingman has a tryout deal with Hartford. Dandenault played 13 years with the Red Wings and Canadiens (4-8-12 in 41 games in Montreal last year). He's 6-1, 210 and didn't make the Sharks on a training camp tryout.

If he plays well enough there, he could be an inexpensive option in New York down the road.

Well there you all go. Obviously the search for a 7th defenseman exists and is ongoing. I would not mind seeing Dandenault as a seventh D man. You all have been begging for one for a few days now, and you may soon have your wish. Thoughts on this?