Rangers News: Team notes on last night's loss to Montreal

From the Rangers:

  • The Rangers defense corp registered one goal and four points in the contest; Matt Gilroy notched his second goal of the season, and Michael Del Zotto, Michal Rozsival and Dan Girardi each collected an assist; entering tonight's action, New York led the league in defensemen goals and ranked third in the NHL in defensemen points.
  • Rangers rookie Artem Anisimov responded to an early Montreal goal with an even strength tally at 9:22 of the first period to get New York on the board; the goal was his second of the season.
    Ales Kotalik and Matt Gilroy gave the Rangers a 3-1 lead to close out the first period; Kotalik's goal extended his point streak to three games (two goals and four points), and Gilroy finished with a game-high five shots.
  • Marian Gaborik led the Rangers with two points (one goal and one assist) in the contest to improve his season totals to eight goals and 15 points.
    Sean Avery, Vinny Prospal, Aaron Voros, and Enver Lisin recorded one assist apiece for the Rangers; Prospal entered the contest tied for second in the NHL in assists and eighth in points.
    Rangers Alternate Captain Ryan Callahan registered a game-high six hits in 18:14 of icetime; Callahan currently leads the NHL with 48 hits.
  • The Rangers recorded 24 blocked shots in the game, led by Michael Del Zotto (five), Dan Girardi (four) and Wade Redden (four).
  • Vinny Prospal registered a game-high 15 faceoff wins (15-30, 50%) and led the Rangers with 24:51 of icetime.
  • The Blueshirts practice schedule for tomorrow, October 25, is 12:00 p.m. at the MSG Training Center.
  • The Rangers return to action on Monday, October 26, when they will face-off against the Phoenix Coyotes at Madison Square Garden (7:00 p.m.); the game will be televised live on MSG Network and can be heard on 1050 ESPN Radio.