Rangers News: A few late day odds and ends from Blue Notes

Steve Zipay has a few late items on today's practice: (click link for full story)

Lots of skating, stickhandling and positioning drills in practice. Head coach John Tortorella took aside Dan Girardi and Michael Del Zotto to correct defensive errors… Henrik Lundqvist practiced, saying his right foot was taped tighter, but still stiff from being jammed into the post in a collision. I think he’ll play Monday night against Phoenix at home.

From John Tortorella:

"One of the most frustrating things…I think we beat ourselves. Dubi turns the puck over, then Vinny Prospal takes a bad, selfish penalty, and along with some missed coverages, that cost us the game…I thought it was a huge mistake by Dubi, we spent two days talking about those things. The stubborness in that type of play changed the momentum of the game."

On Brandon Dubinsky:

Asked if Tortorella explained why he iced him, Dubinsky said, "Nope…I think it was pretty obvious what happened. Sometimes you make mistakes and you’ve got to pay the consequences…I certainly know what I did and what happened to me and you certainly can’t make those mistakes. It was a big turning point in the game and I’ve got to take care of the puck and be strong on it."