SBNation home of the Phoenix Coyotes: Five For Howling

Leading Scorer:

Shane Doan

#19 / Right Wing / Phoenix Coyotes

6-1

224

Oct 10, 1976

G A P +/- PIM
2009 - Shane Doan 3 6 9 -1 2

Things to watch for:

  • Rangers PP vs Phoenix PK: Rangers are currently 6th overall in the NHL on the power play, converting 26.1%, Phoenix's penalty kill is 19th overall, having killed just 77.8% of their penalties. However, like the Devils team the Rangers faced the other night, the Coyotes don't spend a lot of time in the box, they're 7th in the league for least minor penalties taken.
  • Henrik Lundqvist: Hank didn't skate in the optional today, but will play tonight. After the hard hit he took the other night in Montreal, we'll have to keep our fingers crossed that he is healthy tonight.
  • (From Five for Howling): Give Bryz some help: Ilya Bryzgalov has been outstanding for us so far, but the previously mentioned defense and turnover have hung him out to dry. Keep his confidence up.

More after the jump.......

Coyotes News:

Coyotes focused on on-ice product (AZ Central)

Maloney's smart shopping buys Coyotes early success (NY Times)

For Phoenix Coyotes, it's good news, bad news (Phoenix Business Journal)