Rangers News: Rangers call up P.A. Parenteau from Hartford

New York, October 27, 2009 - New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that forward P.A. Parenteau has been recalled from the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL).

Parenteau, 26, has recorded eight goals and six assists for 14 points, along with 12 penalty minutes in nine games with Hartford (AHL) this season. He currently leads the AHL in goals and is tied for the league lead in points.He is also tied for first in the league in power play goals (five) and fourth in power play assists (four). Parenteau has

registered five multi-point efforts this season, including three straight (four goals and seven points) entering today. He notched his first hat trick as a Wolf Pack player, including his first penalty-shot goal with Hartford, on October 10 against Springfield.

Last season, Parenteau finished ninth in the AHL in points with 29 goals and 78 points, and was named a First-Team AHL All-Star. The Hull, Quebec native was acquired by the Rangers from the Chicago Blackhawks on October 11, 2007, in exchange for a conditional draft pick. He was originally Anaheim's ninth round selection, 264th overall, in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft.