Rangers News: Morning Stuff

A few stories on the nets this morning. News may be slow in coming today, as I will be traveling later this morning. If we don't get it posted first, feel free to post any news you hear as a Fan Post, its always appreciated.

We didn't talk about this yesterday but Henrik Lundqvist was in a very minor (minor,minor) car accident yesterday, his car skidded into a guardrail on the Saw Mill Parkway. He is fine, no other cars were involved, and he is expected to play tonight. Did I mention it was minor?

The Daily News has a non-update on Gaborik:

Asked to confirm whether it was a lower-body injury, Tortorella said, "It's a body injury."

Still, Gaborik's absence from practice Tuesday leaves open the question of whether he can go tonight, and if he can't - or if the Rangers simply err on the side of caution - that clouds the picture for his highly anticipated return on Friday night to Minnesota, where he was an injury-plagued star for his first eight NHL seasons.

I know this is a few days old, but I don't read them much, did the Daily News really use the word "thrice" in this headline?

Dominik over at Lighthouse Hockey has a look back at where the Isles and Rangers were a year ago, and where they are now.

Somehow the Pioneer Press knows already that Marian Gaborik is "doubtful" for Friday night's game against the Wild.

My guess is Gaborik sits tonight, plays Friday. If its "nothing serious" as everyone with the Rangers say it is, then 3-4 days off the ice should be enough. I just wish sports teams weren't so damn secretive when it comes to injuries.

Remember, we will be at Croxley's in Farmingdale, NY tonight if you can make it, then Cafe 31 in the city tomorrow.