FanPost

Some Notes For Sunday November 1st Game vs. Boston!!(2 UPDATES)

 The New York Rangers (8-5-1)(L2) will face off against the also struggling Boston Bruins (6-5-1)(W1) who have had quite a weird season.  The Storyline for this game is the injuries for both teams and how they will effect the game.  The game will take place and at the "Worlds Most Famous Arena" where the Rangers have had some better luck this season.These two original six teams always fond away to bring the best out of each other which always brings for an interesting and fun game to watch..

UPDATE: According to Andrew Gross, Henrik Lundqvist will start in goal, All 3 injured players and byers and brashear will take pregame warmups, after that they should decide whowill play...

UPDATE #2: According to Gross.. Gaborik,Higgins,Avery and Byers will all go.. Vorors and Brashear are scratched from the lineup today

  •  The most interesting fact from this game is that the Boston fans should no what to expect from there team during this game.. while the Bruins have not lost two games in a row this year, they have also not won two in a row.. they are 6-5-1 and won on Saturday behind two third period goals and a shutout performance from Tukka Rask.. The fact that they have alternated win and losses in every game this year means the Rangers should win this game but in being a Ranger fan, I know it is very possible they break this streak.
  • The biggest storyline is that both teams are dealing with injuries;  The Rangers have injuries to top forwards Marian Gaborik(lower body injury, unknown if he will play yet), Sean Avery(also lower body and unknown if he will play) and Chris Higgins(lower body but do we want him to play anyway)
  • The Bruins injuries are more severe and also to there top 2 fowards; Former Ranger(along time ago) Marc Savard is out 4-6 weeks as of October 21st with a Broken Left Foot.. Milan Lucic is also out 4-6 weeks as of October 17th due to a broken finer on his right hand
  • Althouh it would be nice to have Marian Gaborik in the lineup, the Bruins are 1 of 2 teams that he has never scored against, the other being his former team Minnesota who he has never played against.. he has played 7 games against Boston and never registered a point.
  • Sean Avery on the other hand has 3 goals and 8 assists in 12 games against Boston
  • Although Chris Higgins has struggled and is injured, he is familiar with the Bruins having played his whole career in the same division(26 GP, 5G,9A)
  • The New York Rangers are 7th in the league on the Power Play(25%) while the Bruins are 26th in the league wit a 14% rating and only 6 goals in 44 chances.
  • The Rangers have taken the most penalties in the league(64)but are 4th in penaly killing(86%) while the Bruins are 24th(76.5%)
  • The Rangers have had players score there first career goal in back to back games and brings the total to five for the season(Anisimov,Gilroy,Byers,Parenteau,Del Zotto)
  • Although it is highly possible that backup goalie Steve Valiquette will start, Henrik Lundqvist(7-4-1-2.68) has had what could be considered his best stats and games against the Bruins in 15 starts he is 10-3-2 with a staggering 1.42 GAA, .949 save percentage and 3 shutouts.
  • Also one of his most memorable saves happened against them and Marc Savard:

  • Not sure if Tim Thomas(4-4,2.86GAA) or Tukka Rask(2-1-1) will start but since Rask started on Saturday, it is believed to be Thomas, who is 3-4-3-2.76GAA with 1 shutout against the Rangers.
  • After a 7 game winning streak the Rangers have only gone 1-4-1 in there last six games.
  • Although there is some concern over the slow start, they had the same amount of wins through 12 games during there great season last year.
  • Artem Anisimov who had 16 minutes of ice time in the last game, which is almost 7 minutes of above his average for the season (9:43) had to take on a new role with all the injuries the Rangers had and played very well.
  • Rangers captian(not sure about that) Chris Drury does not have a point in his last 5 games while posting a -1 rating in all 5 games for a -5 total in those 5 games..
  • It as also been those last 5 games since Ryan Callahan has scored a point and has a -3 rating in that time.
  • Every Ranger to take the ice apart from the goalies has registered a point tis season.
  • Although he has not scored a goal yet, Zdeno Chara leads the Bruins in shots with 29
  • The Rangers are looking to et back on track while the Bruins just look to finally win two games in a row and get some sort os start.  Injuries will play a big role in this game but it is unknown yet which injuries will effect the Rangers but either way it should be a great game as these two teams always have a fierce and intense battle versus each other..