Last Season vs. Rangers: 3-3

Stars:

Martin Brodeur

#30 / Goalie / New Jersey Devils

6-2

215

May 06, 1972

More after the jump.....

Patrik Elias

#26 / Center / New Jersey Devils

6-1

195

Apr 13, 1976

Who's In: G Yann Danis, D Rob Davison, D Cory Murphy, C Rob Niedermayer

Who's Out: Brian Gionta, John Madden, Mike Rupp, Niclas Havelid, Barry Tallackson, Kevin Weekes, Bobby Holik.

New Jersey Devils Season Preview from In Lou We Trust, the SBNation Community for the New Jersey Devils.

Devils News and Notes:

Devils cram before showdown (Bergen Record)

Devils brace for date with Rangers, go to work on the power play (Fire and Ice)

  • G Martin Brodeur played his 1,000th NHL game and his 15th straight opener Saturday night but it wasn't a good game as he gave up five goals on 27 shots in a 5-2 home loss. "Not really his best game," said Devils coach Jacques Lemaire. "It was kind of tough for him. You get a couple of easy goals on him and, after that, maybe he was questioning himself."

QUOTE TO NOTE: "What's new? When the team isn't playing well they're not going to praise you. It's disappointing for everybody, a situation like that. I hate to break the news to you, but it's going to happen again. If we don't perform, people won't be happy. That's the nature of everything." -- Devils goalie Martin Brodeur, after allowing five goals on 27 shots in the opening-night loss to Philadelphia. (Fox Sports)