Rangers News and Notes: Afternoon Edition

Sorry this is late, but we've had some site issues today, as you have probably noticed.

Andrew Gross confirms what Joe had for us earlier: No Avery tomorrow. (click link for full story)

Some other notes from the story:

First off, today's lines stayed the same:
Vinny Prospal-Brandon Dubinsky-Marian Gaborik
Christopher Higgins-Chris Drury-Ryan Callahan
Enver Lisin-Anisimov-Kotalik
Donald Brashear-Brian Boyle-Aaron Voros
Wade Redden-Matt Gilroy
Michael Del Zotto-Michal Rozsival
Marc Staal-Dan Girardi

Assuming Henrik Lundqvist gets the start. (The guess here is that Steve Valiquette plays Monday against the Maple Leafs at the Garden after Lundqvist starts Sunday against the Ducks).

Chris Botta has a nice article on Del Zotto on Fanhouse:(click link for full story)

It's quite a shock, watching a defenseman just four months removed from the Ontario Hockey League in this crucial position on Broadway. Picture the Yankees' closer being a teenager out of Single A, the Giants' quarterback straight out of Boise State. That's Del Zotto as the point man on the first unit of the Rangers' power play.

More after the jump....

From the Charlotte Checkers, the Rangers ECHL affiliate:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The Charlotte Checkers announced that the New York Rangers have reassigned forward Ryan Hillier to Charlotte while goaltender Miika Wiikman and defenseman Trevor Glass have been reassigned from Hartford of the American Hockey League and goaltender Billy Sauer has been reassigned from Lake Erie of the AHL.