Rangers News: Evgeny Grachev called up from Hartford

Well that didn't take long:

The Rangers have recalled Evgeny Grachev from Hartford, here is the release:

Nyr_medium

NEW YORK RANGERS TRANSACTION UPDATE

New York, October 8, 2009 - New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that forward Evgeny Grachev has been recalled from the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL).

Grachev, 19, made his AHL debut with Hartford on October 3 at Binghamton.  Last season, he captured the Emms Family Award as the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) Rookie of the Year, while skating with Brampton.  He led all OHL rookies in goals (40) and points (80), and ranked sixth in assists (40).  Grachev ranked fifth among all league skaters in goals and finished 13th in points.  He also ranked fourth in the league with a plus-48 rating and tied for ninth with six game-winning goals.  During the OHL playoffs, Grachev finished seventh in the league in points (25), tied for fifth in goals (11) and eighth in assists (14).

The Khabarovsk, Russia native was originally the Rangers third round selection, 75th overall, in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.

The Blueshirts return to action tonight when they will face off against the Washington Capitals at Verizon Center (7:00 PM).  The game will be televised live on MSG Network and can be heard on 970 The Apple.

UPDATE: Steve Zipay has the following on his site:

Team says Callahan suffered an upper body injury from the morning skate. I did not see him in pain anywhere. Back perhaps? Sounds precautionary, but if he can't go, assume Grachev can make it here from Hartford by 7.