FanPost

Tyler Arnason Goes To Europe

  Tyler Arnason, the 9-year veteran, is no longer a Ranger. According to beyondtheblueshirts.com, the center was suspended by the Rangers after news that he was looking for a contract in Europe, and now it is official as Arnason signed a contract with KHL team Dinamo Riga. This has been confirmed by Dinamo Riga's official team site. Arnason, who is 30 years old, had signed a 1 year deal with the Rangers for $700,000 this past July. Arnason had 3 Points (All Assists) and was -8 in 11 Games Played in the AHL this year with the Hartford Wolfpack. This frees up some salary cap space, albeit a small amount. This move is somewhat surprising since Arnason, who plays Center, may have been a viable option to fill in for the injured Chris Drury or Brandon Dubinsky. However this is no longer possible, but with the added cap space could a deal with Peter Forsberg now have a little more validity? Just speculation, but it has been on many Ranger fan's minds. This is far from a key-loss to the organization as Arnason never played a Regular Season game wearing the Ranger sweater and his productivity and play in the NHL has declined since the Lock-out. However he did have 49 Points with the Colorado Avalanche in 2006-2007. Young players in the system now have a chance to step up with injury problems plagueing the Rangers as of late. Let's Go Rangers.