Blueshirt Banter Radio Special Friday Edition with Theo Fleury

Playing with Fire

Tonight at 8 PM, Blueshirt Banter Radio will be live on the air for a special Friday night edition, and our guest will be former NHL superstar Theo Fleury.

Fleury spent 16 seasons in the NHL, most of it with the Calgary Flames, but also spent time with Colorado Avalanche, Chicago Blackhawks, and the Rangers. Theo has recently released a his autobiography, entitled "Playing With Fire" in which he reveals that he was the victim of sexual abuse at the hands of his juniors coach, Graham James, who spent time in prison after being convicted of sexually abusing several of his players, including former Detroit Red Wing Sheldon Kennedy.

Theo finished his NHL career with 455 goals and 633 assists, and played just as hard off the ice, battling numerous addictions that derailed his storied career several times. Theo also won a Stanley Cup with the Calgary Flames in 1989, and an Olympic Gold Medal at the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake City.

We will talk to Theo about his book, his career, and his time with the Rangers. I was able to obtain an advance copy, and I can tell you the book is quite compelling. He has always been a player who spoke his mind, and we are looking forward to talking to him, I hope you can join us.

As always, you can listen to the show on the player below, or click the link for Blueshirt Banter Radio and join the chat room over there

Here is a homemade video of Fleury scoring a shootout goal during his comeback attempt with Calgary this year.