Rangers News: Afternoon Updates, Peter Forsberg staying in Sweden

This just in from TSN, Peter Forsberg is going to play the remainder of the season in the Swedish Elite League.

Ok now on to the afternoon updates:

From Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants: (click link for full story)

The Rangers were put through a very lively 50-minute practice today in advance of tomorrow’s game against the Capitals, who are expected to have Alex Ovechkin back on their top line for the first time since he injured his shoulder against the Blue Jackets on Nov. 1.

The lines and defensive pairs remained the same from Saturday’s 2-1 win at Ottawa:
Enver Lisin-Vinny Prospal-Marian Gaborik
Parenteau-Higgins-Ales Kotalik
Sean Avery-Artem Anisimov-Ryan Callahan
Donald Brasher-Brian Boyle-Aaron Voros
Marc Staal-Dan Girardi
Wade Redden-Matt Gilroy
Michael Del Zotto-Michal Rozsival

Remember Andrew is joining us tonight on Blueshirt Banter Radio at 8 PM

If you are going to the Rangers game tomorrow night, Theo Fleury will be at the Borders at Penn Plaza at 6 PM to sign copies of his book "Playing With Fire". I believe Eddie "The Mouth" Gieck is going, so if you see him, make sure you say hi.

Here is news sure to make the pants shrink at Versus: Alex Ovechkin is expected to play tomorrow night. I was worried the Versus announcers would have nothing to talk about, Thank God Alex is going to save the day. I just pray that the worst announcer in the history of sports, Joe Beninati won't be doing the game. I don't know how Caps fans listen to him on a nightly basis, he is awful.