Rangers Gameday: News and Notes, Scouting the Blue Jackets

As the Rangers get ready for the BJ's tonight at the Garden, here is what's going on today:

Andrew Gross has a lot of info today. First off, the line combos for tonight:

Higgins-Prospal-Gaborik
Sean Avery-Artem Anisimov-P.A. Parenteau
Enver Lisin-Callahan-Ales Kotalik
Donald Brashear-Brian Boyle-Aaron Voros
Marc Staal-Dan Girardi
Michael Del Zotto-Michal Rozsival
Wade Redden-Matt Gilroy

Henrik Lundqvist will make his 5th straight start.

Meanwhile, Chris Drury skated for the third straight day and, for the first time since suffering a concussion he went through contact drills after Tortorella put his team through a non-optional morning skate (typically Tortorella prefers optional morning skates, particularly as the season progresses).

Pregame notes from the Rangers:

Marian Gaborik leads the Rangers with 11 goals and 18 points in 22 career regular season games against Columbus; Michal Rozsival leads all Ranger defensemen with five assists and six points in seven career appearences vs. the Blue Jackets.

All Time – Rangers vs. Blue Jackets
Overall: 3-5-1-0
At MSG: 1-1-1-0
At Columbus: 2-4-0-0

More after the jump..................

Jeff Rimer's Blue Jackets blog from BlueJacket.com

Blue Jackets F Dorsett on IR after Neal boarding (AP)

For more on the Blue Jackets, check out their SBNation home at The Cannon

Blue Jackets Leading Scorer:

Rick Nash

#61 / Left Wing / Columbus Blue Jackets

6-4