Rangers News: Bobby Sanguinetti called up from Hartford

Presumably as a pre-caution in case Wade Redden cannot play (insert your own joke here), defenseman Bobby Sanguinetti has been called up from the Hartford Wolfpack for tomorrow night's game against the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Sanguinetti has been playing well at Hartford, leading all AHL defensemen in scoring with 6 goals and 16 assists.

It will be interesting to see who he is paired with should Redden not be able to play.(again, giving you guys a setup here)

For those of you that are new to Blueshirt Banter, Bobby Sanguinetti did an interview with us and took questions from our readers, you can check it out here.

[Note by Jim Schmiedeberg, 11/26/09 1:13 PM EST The official release from the Rangers:]

New York, November 26, 2009 - New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced
today that defenseman Bobby Sanguinetti has been recalled from the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey
League (AHL).

Sanguinetti, 21, has registered six goals and 16 assists for 22 points, along with 10 penalty minutes in 21
games with Hartford this season. Following a two assist performance last night at Lowell, Sanguinetti leads all AHL
defensemen in scoring and ranks fourth in the league overall with 22 points. He has registered six multi-point efforts on the season, including an AHL career-high four-point performance on October 31 against Providence (two goals and two assists). Last season, Sanguinetti led Wolf Pack defensemen in points (42) and assists (36), and set a Hartford single-season rookie record for assists by a blueliner. He also led all Wolf Pack skaters with five points (one goal and four assists) in six AHL playoff contests.

The Trenton, New Jersey native was originally the Rangers first round selection, 21st overall, in the 2006
NHL Entry Draft.