Rangers GameDay: Valley and Voros in, Boyle and Lundqvist out? Scouting the Pens

According to Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants, looks like Valley will get the start tonight, and Brian Boyle may sit this one out:

Word coming from Pittsburgh that Henrik Lundqvist and Brian Boyle were the only Rangers to skate this morning. Typically, that would indicate they’re not in the lineup for tonight’s game against the Penguins, meaning Steve Valiquette in net and Aaron Voros in for Boyle.

Breakdown for tonight, courtesy of NHL.com

STATS
25 GP 26
13 W 17
11 L 9
1 OT 0
27 P 34
0.540 P% 0.654
2.92 G/G 2.88
2.84 GA/G 2.77
21.9 PP% 13.8
84.0 PK% 83.7
29.0 S/G 31.7
29.3 SA/G 27.5
47.8 FO% 48.8
DATE VIS/HOME FINAL
Oct 2, 2009 NYR@PIT PIT, 3 - 2

More after the jump........

If there is a good time to catch the Penguins, this may be it. The Pens are just 5-5 in their last ten, and coming off a lost to the New York Islanders. Obviously the Rangers have been no better of late, but like I said, maybe they are catching the Pens at a good time.

Kris Letang and Alex Goligoski are expected to play tonight. (Pittsburgh Post Gazette)

Rangers-Penguins Preview from PensBurgh, the SBNation home of the Pittsburgh Penguins

Mellon Arena has not been kind to the Rangers of late, as the Pens hold a 14-0-2 record against them in the last 16 contests played at the Igloo.

Marc Andre-Fleury is expected in goal for the Penguins.

In his career against the Rangers he is 13-8-5 with a 2.69 GAA and .912 save percentage with two shutouts.