FanPost

Nylander sent to the AHL...so why can't Slats do the same...

Okay fellow Ranger lovers, here is some of my tirade for you all to hear about. As of today Michael Nylander of the Washington Capitals has been sent down to the AHL. The Caps GM, George McPhee, sucked it up and sent down the useless Nylander to their AHL affiliate Grand Rapids Griffins. He is making on average 4.875 million a season for the next few years.

So my question is...why can't our New York Ranger GM, Glen Sather, suck it up and send down one of our failing large contract players? I know he will catch heat from Owner Jim Dolan but in the long run for the organization it would be easier to put...O say Defenseman Michael Rozsival into the minor league?

For the next three years Rozsival makes an average of 5 million per season, somewhat close to what Nylander makes in Washington. Yes, the argument can be made that Nylander is basically on the next plane to Europe to play for, what is rumored, ex-New York Ranger Martin Straka's team. Until that happens Nylander will still be making that large paycheck playing for the AHL.

Michael Rozsvial is a European player. Possibly the Rangers can find a team in the KHL, possibly the team ex-New York Ranger Captain Jaromir Jagr plays for. They could rebuild the great chemistry they had and all parties would be happy.

Okay that is probably a pipe dream that is not going to happen but it is hopefully something that catches the eye of our GM, Glen Sather.

SB Nation Featured Video