FanPost

Tortorella's Post Game

Tortorella's Postgame Courtesy of Andrew Gross

Here is what Torts had to say about the Rangers...he wasn't pleased:

On the first period being unacceptable: “Absolutely. I have no explanation for how we started. I wish I could give you one.”

On the Islanders first goal being a “dirty” goal, one gotten simply by skating hard to the net: “That we don’t get. There’s horse*$)#@! coverage around the corners, he just brings it around the net. It’s a fluky goal. But we don’t get them.”

What’s the remedy for the way the team started in the first period: “What is the remedy? I don’t know how you want me to answer that.”
What do you think you need to do: “Play ^#(^&@ harder.”
As the coach, what do you need to do: “That’ll be something we’ll decide before tomorrow’s game.”

Is this group capable of figuring it out as constituted: “I’ll tell you right now, the thing that’s unacceptable about tonight’s game and we’re trying to stay positive around here, trying to work our way through it, but when we play like ^*^#@ like that for 20 minutes in a game like this in a back-to-back situation, it’s unacceptable. I’m not even going back as far as a month and are we capable. It’s simply unacceptable. There has to be something done and we’ll see along the way before tomorrow night’s game. We’ll see where we go with them. It’s just simply unacceptable how we started that game. I wish I could give you a ($@#*%# explanation about it. I can’t.

Lets hope some serious changes are made, if not tomorrow, at least before Saturday.