FanPost

Starting Over

As we watch our team free fall i keep asking myself what's best for this team. Do we want another 7th or 8th finish and a one-and-done in the playoffs? Whats best for the future?

Im not getting that upest by the losses any more. The lack of effort from our heroes does that to you. But i actually dont mind. You know why? Lottery picks didnt hurt the Pittsburgh Penguins. Or the Hawks, or the Capitals. See what im getting at? If we finish bottom 5 overall i wouldnt be disappointed.

I either want an amazing (unlikely) turnaround and a playoff run (a proper one) or a low finish. Not mid way and a 16th+ pick. We dont need project picks like Jessiman anymore - i want a bottom 5 pick.

Think about the consequences of such a finish as well; surely a lottery pick would put serious heat on Sather? Coupled with a good showing of Team canada in the spring and maybe we have a new GM? A lottery ending season would surely mean the cutting off of atleast one of Roszival, Drury or Redden. Surely?!

Think about it. Bad finish = lottery pick, cap space, fresh start.

Several kids on this team have quality, our go-to scorer is elite, the goalie is Vezina calibre for another 7-10 years. What this team needs is more quality, a concept, direction and a change at the top. A bad season should give us some of this and fresh (cap) space to start again. There is no way a new GM would keep guys like Rosizval.

I only want a turnaround if its a REAL turnaround, how about you guys? Can you say Taylor Hall???

Thoughts?