FanPost

Rangers claim C Christensen and Waive G Vailliquette...seriously

Hey guys I was listening to the NHL Network when they announced and soon after i found this post on Ranger Rants...

Meanwhile, TSN is reporting the Rangers have claimed forward Erik Christensen on waivers from the Ducks and waived backup goalie Steve Valiquette. The move on Valiquette is not unexpected after Saturday’s third-period meltdown in an 8-3 loss at Pittsburgh. John Tortorella is likely at the point where he feels he can’t trust him anymore. Will try to get confirmation quickly, Tortorella speaking momentarily.

The 6-foot-1, 203-pound Christensen, who turns 26 on Dec. 17, was scoreless and a minus-3 in nine games for Anaheim this season. His best season was 2006-07, when he had 18 goals and 15 assists in 61 games for the Penguins.

I love Vally but he hasn't played well at all and I always loved to hate Christensen when he was a Penguin...so it is good to have him on our team now.

<!--Session data-->

SB Nation Featured Video