FanPost

This winning streak is a mirage that will come to an end tonight.

Hey everyone season ticket holding Ranger fan here. Just came across this site and decided to do my first fanpost.

 I hate to say it but I think all of us Ranger fans should calm down about this winning streak we are on, its just a mirage. The team is still playing like crap and if it wasn't for Henrik playing out of his skull the last 3 games they would of easily been 0-3.  Lets take a look at the last 3 Games:

v.s Islanders- This is a team that is having massive trouble right now and if it wasnt for Henrik's heroics in the first this game would of been a blow out in the Islanders favor.  Gaborik had a great game as usual. The win is also not as impressive when you consider that the Islanders beat them easily in the game before.

v.s Flyers- This team is even worse off than the Islanders are. There offense is horrible and their goaltending is AHL level at best, yet the Rangers barely squeaked out a win again thanks to a massive 3rd period by Henrik. This game was a perfect opportunity for the offense to carry their momentum over, but like they have most of the year they failed to deliver.

v.s Carolina- Last place in the league, and Rangers again barely win looking horrible in the process. Again Henrik was amazing but got loads of help from Gaborik who pretty much did everything outside of stopping the puck, again.

 Some people see this as a turning point in the season, but all I see it as is favorable scheduling that worked out perfectly for the Rangers. Henrik has shown to be a very streaky goalie and this hot streak won't last forever. Tonight the Panthers will be coming into the Garden riding high off of an emotional victory on Monday where they showed the heart and passion I wish the Rangers had. The Panthers will not be giving the Rangers a W in this one they will have to work for it, and even though I hate to say it I am 99 percent sure the Rangers will lose. Thankfully after this game the Rangers play the same basement dwellers they just beat up on so they have room to gain some ground, but dont let it fool you. This is a deeply flawed team that would be beyond lucky to sneak into the 8 spot to enjoy there 4 game sweep.