FanPost

The future's so bright....

Well - I may not need to wear "shades" yet - but the future is definitely looking bright, if these youngsters can continue to progress.

Forwards (!) Ryan Bourque, Chris Kreider, Derek Stepan, whose NHL rights are owned by the New York Rangers, were all named to the final roster for the 2010 US National Junior Team. In addition, Luke Walker, a free agent who participated with the Rangers in the Traverse City Prospect Tournament (and who would have a NYR contract if they weren't up against the limit of 50, I suspect) was also named to the squad.

While none of these guys offer any hope in the short term - the Rangers organization, led by Gord Clark, has done a good job the last couple years in finding prospects.

Link: USA Hockey - 2010 US National Junior Team Announced