Rangers News: Prospal to miss at least a week UPDATE

Great news from the tweets of Larry Brooks:

@NYP_Brooksie: News: This is one Rangers don't need. Prospal knee to be 'scoped, will miss anywhere from 10 days to 3 weeks.

Uh oh. The Rangers--who have had trouble scoring all year--will lose one of the few players who have made a difference offensively so far. Vaclav Prospal is easily the third most important Ranger (behind Marian Gaborik and Henrik Lundqvist) and him being out for three weeks would be nothing short of disastrous--especially after we saw what losing Brandon Dubinsky did to the team.

Maybe Glen Sather will bring someone up to replace him, maybe Sather needs to start seriously considering some trade options. But either way this is really bad news.

UPDATE by Joe Fortunato: This is what Steve Zipay had to say on his blog. If you are expecting good news then don't read further.

Prospal had his knee 'scoped this morning and the Rangers' second leading scorer (8-24 in 38 games) will be out at least 10 days, but it should be closer to the 2-3 week mark. He's 34 after all.

So again, thoughts?