Ranger Prospects Dominate the Day at World Juniors

2010 IIHF WORLD JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP
RANGERS PROSPECTS UPDATE

New York, December 29, 2009 – All four Rangers prospects participating in the 2010 IIHF World Junior Championships were in action today.

In the United States' 12-1 victory over Latvia, Chris Kreider led all skaters with three goals, completing his hat trick on a penalty shot with 1:14 remaining in regulation.  Team USA Captain Derek Stepan tied for the game-high with four points, notching two third period goals and assisting on two of Kreider’s goals.  Ryan Bourque recorded the primary assist on the game-winning goal, and now has an assist in each of the last two games.  Through three games, Stepan leads the team with eight points (three goals and five assists), Kreider has notched a team-high four goals to go along with five points and Bourque has registered two points (two assists) as Team USA improved to 3-0-0 in the tournament.  Stepan is currently tied for the tournament lead in points, while Kreider is tied for first among all skaters in goals.

Roman Horak was also in action as Czech Republic defeated Austria, 7-1, to improve to 1-2-0 in the tournament.

The United States next plays Canada and the Czech Repbulic next plays Russia as both teams close out their preliminary round schedule on Thursday, December 31st.