FanPost

Surprise, surprise!

Puck Daddy over at Yahoo has an article of the top 5 worst/best contracts of the decade. I'll give you guys 1 guess who is in the top 5 for worst.

Section of the article after the jump.

"3. Wade Redden(notes), New York Rangers

Redden gets escorted out of Ottawa by a group of the local citizenry that had armed itself with torches and pitchforks. That's fine. It happens. And he was, for a little while, one of the better defensemen in the league.

But after Redden came off a 6-32-38 season in 2007-08 (his worst since the ‘90s), the Rangers said, "Hey Wade, we want you on board." And Redden should've been happy with that. Big market, and he probably figured he'd get decent money.

He was wrong. He got obscene money.

His six-year, $39 million deal gives the Rangers a cap hit of $6.5 million through 2014. For a player that has, in his first 105 games in New York, produced four goals, 28 assists and has looked like a turnstile most nights. Don't worry though, Ranger fans. Only four more years of that after this one!"

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/The-5-best-and-5-worst-contracts-in-the-last-dec;_ylt=AqLasXlf5YAZ53Lpks1NzyR7vLYF?urn=nhl,206483