Rangers GameDay: News and Notes, Scouting the Red Wings

RocNow.com has a great story on Ryan Callahan.

Here is the recap of last night's game in the NY Times, interesting quote from Henrik Lundqvist:

"Technically I’ve been feeling good the last couple weeks, but the focus part felt really good tonight," Lundqvist said. "It’s important that you don’t think too much when you play, and not analyze the game as you play. It’s just focusing on the next shot."

Here are the post-game remarks from Head Coach John Tortorella:

More after the jump.....

Detroit Red Wings: 13-10-5, 3rd Place, Central Division

Head Coach: Mike Babcock

STATS
28 GP 28
13 W 14
10 L 13
5 OT 1
31 P 29
0.554 P% 0.518
2.75 G/G 2.86
2.79 GA/G 3.04
21.4 PP% 21.0
77.4 PK% 84.3
34.1 S/G 29.1
27.8 SA/G 29.9
52.3 FO% 47.7

Leading Scorer:

Henrik Zetterberg

#40 / Left Wing / Detroit Red Wings

5-11

195

Oct 09, 1980

Notes:

Veteran forwards Tomas Holmstrom and Kris Draper are producing for the Wings. Each has two goals and two assists in his last four games. Holmstrom leads the team with 11 goals after scoring on the power play against the Devils.

Red Wings staying the course despite injuries (The Fourth Period)

Tomas Holstrom scores 200th NHL goal (Freep)

For more on the Red Wings, check out the SBNation home for Detroit: Winging It In Motown

One final thought from me:

Explain to me again why these two Original Six teams meet once a year.