What can you really say about a game like this? The New York Rangers were dominated for a full 60 minutes, blew a one goal lead late in the third, continuously handed out power plays (which is incidentally how they blew the lead) and lost. I am not happy about this game but I am so numb to this team right now that it doesn't matter.
Chris Higgins opened the scoring with a beautiful goal off of a pretty feed from--you guessed it--Marian Gaborik. But from that point forward the Blackhawks dominated play and literally had continuous pressure on the Rangers. Henrik Lundqvist must have read Nick's story about him, because he played the best game I have seen in a long time. Once again the boys let you down tonight Hank.
As usual I have a little bone to pick with John Tortorella who benched Artem Anisimov after a bad penalty in the third but apparently saw nothing wrong with Chris Drury bear-hugging a Hawk in the neutral zone to start the third period penalty parade.
You know as this season continues to spiral out control I wonder when John Tortorella is going to snap. How he can sit there and keep saying "I thought we played well we just didn't get the result" is beyond me. He needs to do something, make a point, make a stand. Maybe Michael Rozsival should have been scratched for Ikka Heikkinen.
As for you Glen Sather maybe you should do something, and if you are trying to do something then try harder please. You have watched this team for 30 games, please do something.
- Why is John Tortorella putting Chris Drury and Michael Rozsival out there on the power play. If you don't want to score on the power play John just decline the penalty.
- Did you laugh out loud when Joe suggested that Drury would score in OT because he "scores clutch goals"? I did.
- Marian Gaborik trys to hard to help this team. He got back before Matt Gilroy did on the game winning goal, it says something about his character.
- Tell me Tortorella isn't losing this team after that game? Did you see all of those penalties in the third? The old Tortorella would have had someone's head on the bench and then taken his anger out on the media.
- Also I am beginning to re-think this Sean Avery on the first line thing. He doens't have the scoring touch to help Gaborik produce and since no one else is scoring other teams are blanketing Gabby thus Avery can't make him room.
- Jesus this team has problems.
I'm done. Vent please.