Buffalo Sabres at New York Rangers Open Game Thread

Sabres_medium  Nyr_medium

TV: WPIX 11

Radio: 1050 AM

Sabres Blog on SBNation: Die By The Blade

Between the pipes:

GP MIN W L T EGA GA GAA SA SV SV% SO
2008 - Henrik Lundqvist 60 3559 32 21 7 3 148 2.50 1719 1571 .914 2

GP MIN W L T EGA GA GAA SA SV SV% SO
2008 - Mikael Tellqvist 2 73 0 1 0 0 5 4.11 40 35 .875 0

Game Quickies:

  • Rangers have not beaten the Sabres this season.
  • Buffalo is coming off a 6-4 loss to to the Flyers last night, and have now lost 3 in a row.
  • The Rangers come into the game in 7th place in the Eastern Conference, trailing the Canes by 1 point. (Rangers have 2 games at hand)
  • The Sabres are 10th in the East, 5 points behind Montreal.

The Rangers are rested, having not played since Tuesday, and are playing a Sabre team that played last night. Rangers need to come out fast at home tonight, no excuse for being flat.