Ottawa Senators at New York Rangers: Open Game Thread

Next Game

Ottawa Senators
@ New York Rangers

Sunday, Mar 22, 2009, 7:00 PM EDT
Madison Square Garden

Complete Coverage >

Ossmall_medium

AT

Nyrsmall_medium

TV: MSG (NHL Center Ice 722 on DirecTv)

Radio: 1050-AM

Ottawa Senators on SBNation: Silver Seven

Between the Pipes:

GP MIN W L T EGA GA GAA SA SV SV% SO
2008 - Henrik Lundqvist 61 3619 33 21 7 3 151 2.50 1759 1608 .914 2

GP MIN W L T EGA GA GAA SA SV SV% SO
2008 - Alex Auld 35 2039 12 17 6 6 87 2.56 942 855 .908 1

Game Notes:

  • The last time they met: January 10th: Rangers win 2-0 in Ottawa.
  • The Rangers will be looking for their 4th win in a row since the first month of the season.
  • The Rangers (38-26-8) continued their run Saturday, using a three-goal second period to beat Buffalo 5-3. New York is the second-lowest scoring team in the East with 186 goals, but has tallied four or more in seven of its last nine games.
  • With a 5-2 victory over the Islanders on Saturday, Ottawa has won four straight and eight of nine and are a game above .500 for the first time since Nov. 6. Still, the Senators (31-30-10) are 12th in the East - nine points behind eighth-place Montreal.
  • Sens Captain Daniel Alfredsson has five goals and 10 assists in Ottawa's last nine games. The Senators, who are 11th in the conference with 191 goals, have averaged 3.88 during that stretch.
  • This will be the 4th meeting of the year for these teams. In the previous three games, these teams have scored 5 goals each. Both teams have been scoring more as of late, so I suspect we may see a higher scoring game.