Rangers Recap: Senators 2 Rangers 1

Final - 3.22.2009 1 2 3 Total
Ottawa Senators 0 1 1 2
New York Rangers 1 0 0 1

Complete Coverage >

This will probably be one of the shortest recaps of all time. Just wasn't much action, so there isn't a whole lot to go over.  So much for my pre-game thoughts last night about there being more scoring last night.

Nyros_medium

  • The Rangers and Sens have played 4 games this season, with a total score of 7-6 in favor of the Sens.
  • I can't recall ever seeing a team block as many shots as Ottawa did last night. Rangers had 29 shots, and it seemed like they had at least that many blocked.
  • Alex Auld played a great game, many of the saves he had to make were tough ones.
  • Glad to see Dubinsky get a goal last night, his first since January 27th.
  • Rangers missed a big opportunity to move into 5th place overall, but no time to dwell, the Wild are in town tomorrow night for another big game.
  • I thought after the first period, the Rangers looked gassed. Maybe the tough physical game against Buffalo on Saturday night took something out of them I don't know. Torts has made issue of the team's conditioning before, curious to see if the subject comes up again.

Here is a complete recap of the game from NHL.com

More stories later today.