Minnesota Wild at New York Rangers: Open Game Thread

Wild_medium  Nyr_medium

Madison Square Garden

March 24th, 2009  7:30PM

TV: Versus

Radio: 1050-AM (WEVD)

Take a walk on the Wild Side: Hockey Wilderness

Between the Pipes:

GP MIN W L T EGA GA GAA SA SV SV% SO
2008 - Henrik Lundqvist 62 3678 33 22 7 3 153 2.50 1781 1628 .914 2

GP MIN W L T EGA GA GAA SA SV SV% SO
2008 - Niklas Backstrom 62 3547 32 21 7 3 140 2.37 1769 1629 .921 7

Game Notes:

The Rangers are 22-11-4 at home this season; The Wild have posted a 14-19-2 record in 35 road contests.

New York has tallied nine goals in 52 power play opportunites over the last 12 games (17.3%), dating back to February 25 at Toronto.

New York is 9-6-2 in 17 games vs. Western Conference opponents this season.

Henrik Lundqvist has posted a 1-1-0 record, along with a 3.75 goals against average in two career regular season appearances vs. Minnesota; Steve Valiquette is 0-0-0 with a 0.00 goals against average in one career regular season contest vs. the Wild.