New York Rangers at Pittsburgh Penguins: Open Game Thread

Next Game

New York Rangers
@ Pittsburgh Penguins

Saturday, Mar 28, 2009, 1:05 PM EDT
Mellon Arena

Complete Coverage >

Nyr_medium Pens_medium

TV: MSG

RADIO: 1050 AM

Penguins on SBNation: Pensburgh

Between the Pipes:

GP MIN W L T EGA GA GAA SA SV SV% SO
2008 - Henrik Lundqvist 63 3737 34 22 7 3 154 2.47 1800 1646 .914 2

GP MIN W L T EGA GA GAA SA SV SV% SO
2008 - Marc-Andre Fleury 56 3282 31 17 6 5 146 2.67 1673 1527 .913 4

Game Notes:

  • Pittsburgh is 2-1-2 against the Rangers this season. The Penguins won both previous meetings in Pittsburgh with a 3-0 shutout and 6-2 decision. The teams finished the season series in New York with the Penguins going 0-1-2 at Madison Square Garden.
  • The Rangers have seven games remaining in the ‘08-09 season, all of which are against playoff teams: Pittsburgh, New Jersey, Carolina, Boston, Montreal and Philadelphia (twice).
  • With seven games remaining, the Rangers almost surely will use Henrik Lundqvist the rest of the way, and he must first end his woes in Pittsburgh. He has one win in his last eight visits there, and is 3-7-2 with a 2.81 goals-against average in his career at Pittsburgh.

No other way to put it, the Rangers need a win today.

SB Nation Featured Video