NHL Draft Drawing Tuesday night, Isles fans hold collective breath

From NHL.com:

The NHL Draft Drawing will take place Tuesday, April 14, at 8 p.m. ET at the NHL’s New York City office to determine the order of selection for the first 14 picks of the NHL Draft. Seven-lottery-balls-thumb701132_medium

The League will unveil the results of the Draft Drawing live during a 30-minute program produced and televised by TSN in Canada and on VERSUS in the U.S. The show also will be streamed live on NHL.com and TSN.ca. NHL Network will re-broadcast the Draft Drawing in the U.S. only at 9 p.m., ET.

Under the weighted lottery system, the club with the fewest regular-season points will have the greatest chance (25%) of winning the Draft Drawing and will pick no lower than second at the 2009 Entry Draft.

Only clubs that didn't make the playoffs, or acquired the first round picks of a team that didn't make the playoffs, are eligible.

The club selected in the Draft Drawing may not move up more than four positions in the draft order; the only clubs with the opportunity to receive the first overall selection are the five with the lowest regular-season point totals, or those that acquired an eligible club's first-round draft picks. No club can move down more than one position as a result of the Draft Drawing.

The percentage chance of a team being selected in the Draft Drawing:

NY Islanders  25.0%
Tampa Bay    18.8%
Colorado    14.2%
Atlanta    10.7%
Los Angeles    8.1%
Phoenix    6.2%
Toronto    4.7%
Dallas    3.6%
Ottawa    2.7%
Edmonton    2.1%
Nashville    1.5%
Minnesota    1.1%
Buffalo    0.8%
Florida    0.5%

The 2009 NHL Entry Draft will take place at Bell Centre in Montreal on Friday, June 26 (round one) and Saturday, June 27 (rounds 2-7)

If you need a little more explanation on how the lottery system works, James Mirtle has a great layout of it on his old blog