Rangers Playoff Notebook 4.14.09 (Morning Edition)

Busy day today as the Rangers get ready to open the playoffs in Washington. Here are the latest Ranger headlines:

LoHud.com: Staal vs. Ovechkin

Carp also has some good news at the bottom of this story, Versus does not have exclusive rights to the first round, so MSG will show all first round games not on NBC. I hate the Versus announcers, but other than NBC, Versus is the only way for me to see the games in HD. So it's good and bad for me.

Here is the schedule from MSG

NY Post: Larry Brooks: Rangers ‘D' set to deal with Alex Ovechkin.

NY Post: Rangers need Gomez in playoff form.

Gomez has 76 career playoff points in 107 playoff games, Hopefully he can continue his playoff success, especially with Drury questionable. If Gomez can't elevate his game, we could be talking about Avery's golf score by the middle of next week.

NY Daily News: Rangers counting on Staal to help beat Capitals.

The Bleacher Report: Can Rangers experience trump Caps talent?

Charlotte News and Observer: Coaching changes can pay off.

Canadian Press: Rangers could upset Caps in best NHL east match-up.

N.Y. Times: The Rangers Since the Trade Deadline, and What That Means vs. the Caps

Welland, ON Tribune (Dan Girardi's hometown paper): Ranger's title quest continues.

I'm hoping to see an update on Chris Drury soon. As soon as I find one, I'll post it up.

Jim