Goin' to Carolina in my mind: Canes Country

Between the Pipes:

Henrik Lundqvist

#30 / Goalie / New York Rangers

6-1

195

Mar 02, 1982

Cam Ward

#30 / Goalie / Carolina Hurricanes

6-1

200

Feb 29, 1984

Game Notes:

  • Carolina will be going for their 10th straight win at home, and 7th overall.
  • Rangers can move into a tie with Carolina for 6th place with a win in regulation tonight.
  • Henrik Lundqvist earned his 20th NHL shutout to lift the Rangers to a 3-0 victory that sent the New Jersey Devils to a season-high, fifth straight loss Monday night. Lundqvist, who made 19 saves in the second, matched Martin Brodeur early and then outplayed him in earning his third shutout and 35th win of the season. His best stops came in the second when he made a quick save with his left pad on Brian Rolston and then kicked out Bobby Holik's hard drive on the rebound.
  • 2nd reunion in 6 days for D Marc Staal. After facing brother Jordan and the Penguins on Saturday, tonight he faces brother Eric.
  • Canes G Cam Ward has allowed a grand total of 11 goals during his six-game win streak. Any GAA under two is pretty impressive no matter what the length of time is.