Ovechkin tries to sit in on Ranger practice

So apparently Alex Ovechkin thought it would be cute to come out and sit on the Capitals bench while the Rangers were practicing.

Asked about the incident, Ovechkin said, "Tortorella... just to ---- him off." Why was he told to leave? "I guess because they're afraid of me."

I guess if my team just screwed the pooch on home ice for 2 games I'd be looking for an advantage too.

Maybe he was hoping to get a measurement on Henrik Lundqvist's "too big" goalie pads. Or maybe he was just trying to get used to the "smell" of MSG.

Steve Zipay at Newsday has the whole story here, as well as a Chris Drury update (he will play), and line pairings in practice.

Gameday notebook in a little while.

Jim