Rangers Notebook: 4.3.09

 Just about 24 hours til they drop the puck in Boston, a game the Rangers now desperately need to win to stay alive in the playoff race. In the meantime, here are a few stories making headlines this afternoon:

Orleans Online: Rangers sign Corey Cowick to an amateur contract. He will make his debut with the Wolfpack tonight. He had been playing for the Ottawa 67's of the OHL.

Slap Shots (NYTimes): Rangers season in jeopardy. They also have great video of Chris Drury really blowing it on the go ahead goal.

FanHouse: Fanhouse chats with NHL Director Of Officiating Stephen Valkom. The Rangers were a big topic of conversation, and if you can believe it, so was Sean Avery.

SNY: The Rangers have 3 names in the Hockeys Futures list of Top 50 prospects.

NewYorkRangers.com: Download the April schedule wallpaper.

Newsday: Torts tells players "Get the job done or we're done."

I encourage everyone to stop in over at Bird Watchers Anonymous, the SB Nation blog for the Atlanta Thrashers, and wish those guys luck tonight against the Panthers. If the Panthers win, they will be tied with the Rangers for 8th place. Both teams are riding 3 game win streaks.

Buffalo still lurking about, 6 points behind the Rangers, with 6 games left to play. They host the Kansas City Scouts, Colorado Rockies, New Jersey Devils tonight.