Canadiens at Rangers: GameDay Notebook

Here is some news and notes leading up to tonight’s mega gigantic huge colossal game:

NY Times: Rangers luck needs to hold for playoff berth.

MSG.com: Stan Fischler: How to stay alive.

SNY: Time to end the losing streak.

Newsday: Encouragement, not the whip….

Montreal Gazette: Savard confirms interest in buying Canadiens

CBC Sports.ca: Habs' road turns rocky again

The Bleacher Report: Canadiens Have Their Work Cut Out for Them

A few Ranger quickies:

Nik Antropov skated and will probably play tonight although neither he nor coach John Tortorella explicitly said as much, according to the Ranger Report.

At the optional skate: Antropov, Sean Avery, Colton Orr, Brandon Dubinsky, Lauri Korpikoski, Aaron Voros, Fredrik Sjostrom, Steve Valliquette, Dan Girardi, Chris Drury and Blair Betts.

Final Word:

Tonight marks the 3rd game in 4 nights for the Habs. Starting goalie Carey Price is battling the flu. Schneider and Andrei Markov may be out for the season, or may play tonight, depending on whether you listen to the press here or in Canada. There is no excuse for the Rangers not to win tonight, none.

If I ran the zoo, I’d put Avery, Dubinsky, Callahan, Staal, and Girardi out there for the first shift. Five high energy, physical players to set the tone.

Don't forget to check in on the open game thread, it starts at 6:30