FanPost

The Firing of Glen Sather - What can we do to help?

I've been very distraught over the last couple days, and feeling very pessimistic about the Rangers chances to take the next step forward.  I won't go into the overwhelming evidence, but I think most people agree with me when I place the blame on GM Glen Sather.  The hardest part of being a fan is having to sit around while some geezer takes your team down from the inside.  So I've decided to be proactive and brainstorm ways in which we can help facilitate the firing of Glen Sather.  Below are my two ideas, please feel free to add your own.

1. We find ourselves an Anucha Browne Sanders.  Bad taste, maybe, but the fact is James Dolan will not fire anyone, no matter how incompetent, until they are sued for sexual harassment.  Sather is old, but he still has needs, let's use that against him.

2. We pool our money and buy a controlling interest in Cablevision.  We can go over Dolan's head and take matters into our own hands.  This is a rather expensive alternative, but if there is ever a right time, it is now, before our econmy pulls out of this funk.  According to my completely unreliable calculations, we can purchase over 50% of Cablevision's outstanding stocks for $19 million.  Consider this: once Sather is gone, which is sure to boost Cablevision's stock, we can resell our shares at a profit.  I'll get the pledge drive started by offering $1,000 out of my own pocket.  $18,999,000 to go.