NHL News: Mike Keenan Fired by Calgary Flames

VANCOUVER (Reuters) - Mike Keenan was sacked as coach of the Calgary Flames on Friday, three weeks after his team were beaten in the first round of the playoffs for the second season in a row.

Here is the whole story from Reuters

Keenan's next coaching job will be his 9th in the NHL.I'd lost track of how many jobs he'd had, I had to go look.

I know a lot of Rangers fans were ticked off at Iron Mike when things went down the way they did back in 94, but honestly, I was never mad at Keenan. The Rangers brough him in to do a job, and he did it. Without him, we might be at 69 years and counting, and "1940" might still be heard everywhere the Rangers go.

Make sure to stop over at Matchsticks and Gasoline, the SBNation blog for the Flames, for some great coverage on the story.