FanShot

Take this for what it's worth gang: "Many rumors soared around Rangers forward Nikolai Zherdev....

+

Take this for what it's worth gang: "Many rumors soared around Rangers forward Nikolai Zherdev. It was said that he was invited to the national team for the World Championship with ulterior motives — [that while] there Vyacheslav Bykov and Igor Zakharkin actively urged the player to [come to] Ufa. The sum which the Salavat bosses supposedly offered Nikolai was said to be $12 million for three years (though, for obvious reasons, it will hardly be possible to verify the accuracy of that information in the near future). But according to the latest information received from [those in] the immediate circle of the hockey player, Zherdev is inclined to remain in New York. He had the best season in his career with the Rangers, and can expect a considerable increase in salary, even in spite of his failure to perform in the playoffs."

Beyond the Blueshirts