Rangers News: Rangers sign Andres Ambuhl

Hbmlpzjg_pxgen_r_267x369_medium
The Rangers announced today they have signed Andres Ambuhl, a forward from the Swiss National League

Official Press Release from the Rangers.

Highlights:

Ambuhl, 25, skated in 50 games with HC Davos of the National League A in Switzerland (NLA) this past season, registering 17 goals and 24 assists for 41 points, along with 90 penalty minutes. He established career-highs in games played (50), goals (17), assists (24), points (41), and penalty minutes (90).

Ambuhl tied for the team lead in scoring and assists, while he finished fourth on the club in goals. In addition, he collected four goals and three assists for seven points in 21 postseason contests, including two goals in the NLA Finals series against the Kloten Flyers to help HC Davos win their fourth NLA championship in the last eight years.

Ambuhl's stats from eurohockey.com

There were reports from Swiss newspapers that the Leafs, Oilers and Hawks were also pursuing him.

I think it's pretty obvious why the Rangers signed him: After letting Jagr go, they decided it was top priority to get another winger with a "soul patch"

Here is a video of him from You Tube: