Official Announcement on Markus Naslund Retirement

Although it was reported over the weekend by Larry Brooks at the NY Post, today Markus Naslund made it official, he is retiring from the NHL:

Official release from NY Rangers

From Naslund:

"I would like to sincerely thank Glen Sather and the New York Rangers for giving me the opportunity this past season in New York," said Naslund. "I would also like to thank the Vancouver Canucks and all of their fans for their support over the 11-plus seasons I was a part of their organization, as well as to the Pittsburgh Penguins where I began my NHL career."

Here's a video of Markus laying into Mike Green during the playoffs: