Chris Drury for Patrick Marleau? Thoughts from Puck Daddy

Greg Wyshynski, AKA "Puck Daddy" gets the Hot Stove chatter going today with a suggestion that could mutually benefit the Ranger and Sharks:

Trading Chris Drury for Patrick Marleau.

some of the highlights from the story:

Marleau has been fantastic in the regular season in three of the last four campaigns. As Blueshirt Banter notes in giving Drury at "B-minus" for the season, his point total dropped for the fourth straight season but he continues to do some little things right for the Rangers.

(you'll notice Puck Daddy gave us a nice little plug there, thanks Greg!)

Another highlight:

The deal would make financial sense for the Rangers, jettisoning a contact that -- in hindsight -- is regrettable, in exchange for a pending UFA. You don't like losing a character guy like Drury; but Marleau in a John Tortorella system could be a revelation, if the pressure of playing in New York doesn't crush his soul.

Just to make this clear: Not a rumor, just a bit of hot stove League banter we wanted to toss out there. Maybe this trade makes more sense in theory than in practice. Chances are one or both fan bases won't be happy with it. But on its surface, it makes some sense for both teams.

Your thoughts?