NHL News: Jacques Martin hired as Coach of Montreal Canadiens (UPDATED)

From Sportsnet.ca

Jacques Martin has been negotiating a potential buy-out in his contract as GM with the Florida Panthers and that the Montreal Canadiens are very interested in hiring him as their next head coach.

Martin has been nominated for the Jack Adams Trophy as NHL Coach of the Year four times, winning it in 1998-99 while with the Ottawa Senators. He then coached the Florida Panthers before moving to the front office

UPDATE 2:50 PM: ESPN is reporting its a done deal.